A driver can appeal their conviction in the Law Division, Criminal Part of the Superior Court. A driver has 20 days to file an appeal. The driver must also pay a filing fee of $50, and pay for the transcripts which cost about $200. The time limits to file an appeal are very strict.

Bankruptcy of Surcharges

Surcharges can only be discharged in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Surcharges can’t be discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If a driver is stopped for driving while suspended for failure to pay surcharges, then there is an additional $3,000 surcharge that is assessed.

Bench Warrant

If you do not appear at court, then the court will issue a bench warrant. The judge will direct that the local police go to your home or place of employment to arrest you.

“Blowing Off” Tickets and Moving to Another State

Continue Reading